The Un-Official Proxomitron Forum
Using Proxo in Vista ? - Printable Version

+- The Un-Official Proxomitron Forum (https://www.prxbx.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Forum Related (/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Forum: Proxomitron Program (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Using Proxo in Vista ? (/showthread.php?tid=1197)

Using Proxo in Vista ? - Toppy - Dec. 30, 2008 07:06 AM

Hi,

Since the beginning of my usage of Proxomitron under Vista, I suffer from these horrible UI problems, the "input fields" in all kind of config windows, headers, filters, do not show, they seem all empty, they only show up when you drag-select the content, and disappear immediatelly when no more selected. Do others suffer from this Proxo-Vista problem too ?

Just got to add, as seen in the Aout box I use the :
PtronGui v1.2, WinXP style for 45J (from mizz-mona)

Anyone else know how I can get it working on Vista please ?

RE: Using Proxo in Vista ? - deadmanschest - Feb. 21, 2009 10:01 PM

Hi all - just dropped by, wanted to say that I installed and am running Proxo (4.5j) in Vistax64. I can't recall exact sequence, and machine is defragging now, so hard to check, but I did not use any 'compatibility mode'.

I believe that I ran the installer as Adminisitrator, set up the shortcuts to run as Administrator and added to startup. Other than tweaking the browsers to run thru Proxo that was it...?

Sorry to be vague, but encuouraging...

dmc

RE: Using Proxo in Vista ? - Toppy - Feb. 23, 2009 04:48 PM

(Feb. 21, 2009 10:01 PM)deadmanschest Wrote:  Hi all - just dropped by, wanted to say that I installed and am running Proxo (4.5j) in Vistax64. I can't recall exact sequence, and machine is defragging now, so hard to check, but I did not use any 'compatibility mode'.

I believe that I ran the installer as Adminisitrator, set up the shortcuts to run as Administrator and added to startup. Other than tweaking the browsers to run thru Proxo that was it...?

Sorry to be vague, but encuouraging...

dmc

Hi deadmanschest,

Are you referring to Proxomitron ? AKAIK Proxomitron doesn't come with an installer, it's just a .zip file which you unzip, and Proxo is ready to go. I always run as administrator in Vista, so that doesn't seem to help too.
It's weird that noone else is experiencing these weird problems. I will try to swap the patches Proxo I now use with the original by Scott.

Thanks for chiming in ! Smile!

RE: Using Proxo in Vista ? - 43unite - Feb. 23, 2009 09:25 PM

(Feb. 23, 2009 04:48 PM)Toppy Wrote:  AKAIK Proxomitron doesn't come with an installer, it's just a .zip file which you unzip, and Proxo is ready to go.
You will find both .exe and .zip versions here: http://www.proxomitron.info/files/index.html

RE: Using Proxo in Vista ? - ProxRocks - Feb. 23, 2009 10:38 PM

true... BUT i wouldn't call a "self-extraxting archive" an 'install'... Big Teeth

RE: Using Proxo in Vista ? - Clipper - Apr. 17, 2009 10:06 AM

Yes ! I thought I was the only one having that issue. I am too using Vista-32. For a while I thought it was due to the Aero window styles, but I totally reinstalled my laptop with the standard styles, and have the exact same symptoms.

- It appears only in the filters editors (both web and headers)
- hovering any editable field makes it "grey on grey"
- clicking in the field and/or selecting the content makes it back to white, but just until the next hovering.

This is soooo painful ! I've never seen that behavior with any other application.

Any idea ?

Clipper

RE: Using Proxo in Vista ? - ProxRocks - Apr. 17, 2009 11:02 AM

might give this a try - http://www.mizzmona.com/proxomitron/gui/

RE: Using Proxo in Vista ? - Clipper - Apr. 17, 2009 11:39 AM

Thanks. That's actually the mod I'm using :-)

Wonder if it can be because of the mod... mmh I might think of revert to the original proxo to see if does it as well.

I'll let you know

RE: Using Proxo in Vista ? - Toppy - Apr. 17, 2009 01:51 PM

Yeah, I use that same PtronGUI v1.2 WinXP style for 45J by mizzmona,
I'm a bit scare at trying some other modified GUI, but I hope I can finally
get it working right.

Clipper, you're not alone with this problem.Wink

I cannot find any other GUI mod on mizzmon's site, and the links to other GUI variations are non-existent.

Bit I'll tell when I finally get a working GUI.

RE: Using Proxo in Vista ? - Toppy - Jul. 11, 2009 03:46 AM

EDIT (2010-08-09) : Why make it difficult when it can be easy D'oh!

If you're still wondering why, under Windows 7, text disappears when you click inside filter edit-boxes, you can easily solve this by :

- In Windows Explorer, browse to your Proxomitron Folder
- Right-click Proxomitron.exe and choose Properties
- In the Compatibilty tab, CHECK "Disable visual themes", and click OK.

When you now run Proxomitron again in Windows 7, text will no more disappear in your configuration/Webpage/Header input fields.
Wink