The Un-Official Proxomitron Forum

Full Version: Dell Outlet Filter and Auto-Submit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Current Versions: v3.1 US - v2.0 UK - v1.4 Shea's Dell Refresher

You will need:

-The attached ZIP file

Please read this entire post carefully so that you do not miss any steps Smile!

Note: If you want to be able to sort the items by price, skim down this post to Stand-Alone Version

Changelog

December 30th, 2005

Made US filter v3.1 due to updated code
-Now uses several methods to counter error messages

November 7th, 2005

-Separated US and UK filters since US outlet updated while UK outlet didn't
-Made US filter v3.0 due to updated code
-Updated Shea's Dell Refresher v1.3 to v1.4
---updated US outlet stockroom URLs to match new URL style
---removed obsolete US outlet stockrooms to mirror new US outlet stockroom list
---updated links coming back to TUOPF and this topic

Download

Configuration Pack with Shea's Dell Refresher

Standalone Configuration Pack (Exclusion of Shea's Dell Refresher)

Description

This will automatically match items that are within the specified price range (it looks only at the discounted price), and will tick off any items that fall within your price range. If it has selected one or more items, it will automatically add them to your cart (in a new window) and it will then continue refreshing the Inventory page every 5 seconds! Cheers

How to Specify The Price Range

In the filters, you'll see ([#0-1],|)[#000-999]

This will make it look for any item that is $0 to $1,999. If you would like to make it match something that is $0 to $800, change the above to:

[#000-800]

If you would like to match something that is between $0 and $30,999, change the above to:

([#00-30],|)[#000-999]

Hopefully you get the idea Eyes Closed Smile

In v3.0, I've added a cents specification as well. Customize it using the pattern and logic above. (E.g: If you want to buy something up to $900.50, set it to [#000-900].[#00-50])

How to set it up

1. Download the file.
2. Open with WinRAR/WinZIP (or an uncompressor of your choice)
3. Extract to the same path where Proxomitron is located. (Usually "C:\Program Files\Proxomitron Naoko-4")
4. Click "Yes" when it lets you know that "This folder already contains a folder named 'html'"
5. Open Proxomitron so that you're in the main screen.
6. Click on File, Load Config File
7. Select "Dell.cfg"

!!!Always use the following URL whenever you want to use it!!!:

http://local.ptron/Dell.html

Test Page

Test page: Shea's Dell Deal Snatcher v1.4

(Make sure you have everything set up prior to clicking on the above link).

Stand-Alone Version

This is if you don't want to use Shea's Dell Refresher, and this if if you want to sort it by price, etc (and remember your setting).

1. Download the file.
2. Open with WinRAR/WinZIP (or an uncompressor of your choice)
3. Extract to the same path where Proxomitron is located. (Usually "C:\Program Files\Proxomitron Naoko-4")
4. Open Proxomitron so that you're in the main screen.
5. Click on File, Load Config File
6. Select "Dell.Standalone.cfg"

Go to US Outlet or UK Outlet

It will refresh the page every 5 seconds.

Allowing Dell Pop-Up in Firefox and Internet Explorer

Firefox and Internet Explorer v6 both block the Dell popup by default. The following are screenshots on how to add dell.com to the Allowed Sites list. They should be self-explanatory.

Internet Explorer 6:
[Image: ie.dell.th.png]

Firefox:
[Image: firefox.dell.th.png]

Also, you MUST have Javascript enabled. For Firefox users, make sure dell.com is in your NoScript (or other) bypass list. For IE users, add dell.com to your Trusted Sites list.

IE - Refresh Issue

BubBowen Wrote:In IE, go to Tools, Internet Options, Temporary Internet Files/Settings, and then select "Every visit to the page" for the top setting "Check for newer versions of stored pages". That will make it refresh totally each time it refreshes.

Thanks to BubBowen for this tip!

About Shea's Dell Deal Snatcher

Shea Wrote:OK, I made a working script. It refreshes the page every 5 seconds. No counters or anything fancy, just the basics. Test it and tell me if it works.

In v1.4, I've updated it to match the US Outlet, and also updated the links to TUOPF.
Wow - I'm in awe. That's some serious logic chopping.

It works perfectly on the Dell UK site if you drill down from the main outlet page but unless I'm missing something it doesn't work if you select a specific model (eg inspiron 9200) in the drop down selection box.

I dont know if this is because I'm logged onto the Dell UK site? Maybe the URL changes? Also it doesn't seem to work if I remove ([#0-1],|)[#0-999] and add [#0-649]

In case it's relevant I'm using this in conjunction with :-

Code:
http://outlet.dell.com/Emea_Dfo/EuDispatcher?target=InventoryPage&action=filter&lob=INSP
&unique=1114963956644&sessionID=C06bM4Ju!65515027!-579832889!1114962459342
and
Code:
[Patterns]
Name = "Dell Auto Refresh"
Active = TRUE
Limit = 256
Match = "<meta content="Dell US" name="author">"
Replace = "<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="2">"

The above url wont work if you launch it as it has a session id but it is correct
Obvious, I've fixed the URL Match in the above filter.

The original was:

outlet.(u(s|k).|)dell.com/(Dispatcher\?target=InventoryPage|Emea_Dfo/EuDispatcher\?country=GBR\&target=InventoryPage)*

I changed it to:

outlet.(u(s|k).|)dell.com/(Dispatcher\?target=InventoryPage|Emea_Dfo/EuDispatcher\?(country=GBR\&|)target=InventoryPage)*

It should work now Eyes Closed Smile
Stunning - thank you - it's really starting to come together. It will now make one match and display the shopping cart. How could I amend the javascript forms submit to open in a new window so that the original window can continue looking for bargains?

At the moment it displays the shopping cart after getting a match and even if I hit "continue shopping" it goes straight back to the shopping cart on the next page refresh.

I've tried setting Firefox/IE to open links in a new window but that doesn't cover it.

EDIT: I am trying to think for myself here as well and the best I've come up with after a google search is using TARGET="_new" somehow but I'm not sure of the proper usage.

EDIT2: Maybe document.forms[1].target="_new";document.forms[1].submit()",500);\r\n//-->

OK I'm out of my depth Wink
Updated!

It will now open your cart in a new window, and it will refresh the Inventory page after 2 seconds!
Kye-U Wrote:Updated!

It will now open your cart in a new window, and it will refresh the Inventory page after 2 seconds!
Cheers Big Teeth

As far as I'm concerned it's now perfectly workable. I am using a second filter to refresh the page though as that doesn't seem to be working by default.

Many thanks - what's your favourite charity?
obvious Wrote:I am using a second filter to refresh the page though as that doesn't seem to be working by default.

Many thanks - what's your favourite charity?
IT DOESN'T WORK?!

Try disabling your "Dell Auto Refresh" filter and try again Eyes Closed Smile
(The two second refresh works fine for me [unsure])

What browser are you using?

I've always been a sucker for animal or children charities. Smile!
With all web page filters disabled except yours, it doesn't refresh on

http://outlet.dell.com/Emea_Dfo/EuDispatch...3;1114979369468

Using Firefox 1.0.3 - as I say I have a simple workaround but I'm more than happy to troubleshoot it.

I have modified the range so the complete filter now reads
Code:
[Patterns]
Name = "Dell Outlet [Kye-U]"
Active = TRUE
URL = "outlet.(u(s|k).|)dell.com/(Dispatcher\?target=InventoryPage|Emea_Dfo/EuDispatcher\?(country=GBR\&|)target=InventoryPage)*"
Limit = 256
Match = "<font * </s></font>"
"|<input type=\"checkbox\" value=\"\1\" name=\"selectedSystems\"></td>\s<td class=\"(discounted|)pricebox\">(<font color=\'*\'>|) (($|?)(((((?|)?|)?,|)((?|)?|)?).(??)))\2 (</font>|\ |)</td>($TST(\2=*($|?)[#0-602].??*))$SET(MATCHED=YES)$SET(9=<input type="checkbox" CHECKED value="\1" name="selectedSystems" > </td> <td class="pricebox"> <font color='DarkRed'><b> \2 </b></font> </td>)"
"|<form name=\"cartForm\" action=\"\1\" method=\"post\" onSubmit=\"this.unique.value = \2; return true;\">$SET(9=<form name="cartForm" action="\1" method="post" onSubmit="this.unique.value = \2; return true;" target="_new">)"
"|<!--/ADD SYSTEMS TO SHOPPING CART BUTTON-->$TST(MATCHED=YES)$SET(9=\n<script type="text/javascript"><!--\r\ndocument.forms[1].target='newwindow';\r\ndocument.forms[1].submit();\r\n//--></script><meta http-equiv="refresh" content="2">)"
Replace = "\9"
Also worth mentioning that I have the "ReloadEvery" extension installed in firefox but currently disabled.
Weird...

I've updated the filter yet again since I left a "garbage" line I forgot to remove:

|<form name=\"cartForm\" action=\"\1\" method=\"post\" onSubmit=\"this.unique.value = \2; return true;\">$SET(9=<form name="cartForm" action="\1" method="post" onSubmit="this.unique.value = \2; return true;" target="_new">)

Please delete the old filter and import the new one Eyes Closed Smile

As for the refresh error, that link you posted refreshes for me Sad The only answer I have for you is that it won't refresh if there are no items to select which could be caused by a full cart. Smile!
ok. It only appears to be refreshing after a price match. This is in IE and Firefox.
Do you want it to refresh even if there has been no item checked off?

This can be done Smile!
yes please that way it will scan for new items as they are added to Dell's live inventory - thanks
Done, delete the old filter and import the new one again Eyes Closed Smile

It will refresh every 5 seconds. Smile!
Is it me or does it now stop once it's found a match?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Reference URL's