The Un-Official Proxomitron Forum

Full Version: [request] hostname label
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm a member of several paid-to-read sites that send ads in email and pay you to click them. When you do, a page is loaded with two frames, a top frame that displays the amount of time required for credit, and a bottom frame that displays the ad. Often times the ad will be a portal page to a search engine. The portal page maybe come from any host and have several keyword links that direct your request to the search engine.

What I would like:

When a page is loaded, a small (text and size) label with red background and white text that shows the hostname of the page URL and appears in the lower right corner of the page/frame. If you use GMail, it should behave like the green/white label that appears in the lower right corner during a long message that scrolls, keeping location during change in page position.

Also, please explain how to modify the filter to change the corner, size and colors used in case I want it larger/smaller or somewhere else.

Thanks in advance.
Lou;

Don't get discouraged, it'll come...... B)

I'm just reading your request for the first time, the next day after your posting. I"m sure that others here are more versed in constructing the necessary script, but I can do it, if no else submits one in the next 24 hours or so.

In essence, you'll be injecting a script at the head of the page, and then executing that script at the appropriate spot within the page's HTML code. Usually, this will be just before the </body> tag, but that's not a requirement, only a convention. All the key requirements are present, either in Proxo, or in javascript and HTML, so no problem there. Let me go look up the necessary javascript details, but it will be tomorrow before I can get back to this, as I've got to keep after the all-important honey-do list. Sad

Oh, and BTW, Welcome to the forum!

Oddysey
Moving to Filter Help Eyes Closed Smile
Reference URL's