The Un-Official Proxomitron Forum

Full Version: Adding remote proxies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I tried to add new remote proxies to Proximodo's proxy list, the application kept trying to connect to the Internet, without the browser making any request (in fact, the browser was not even interfaced with it). Why?
i'm not the best equipped to help you out, but it'd be my guess that that's normal because of the "chain of command": remote proxy > proximodo > browser. so your browser would be last in line, which may make your description valid.
No, the remote server should be doing nothing until it is given a request. The browser has to make the first move by requesting something. Perhaps checking the box to allow the use of remote proxies also tests them at the same time? In that case, it would be Proximodo that sent a request.
When you add a new proxy URL, Proximodo immediately tests it (it contacts the proxy and tries to fetch the google webpage). This test is run only once, when you add the URL.
Reference URL's