The Un-Official Proxomitron Forum

Full Version: Privoxy with ProxHTTPSProxyMII v1.3a on linux
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
hey guys,

any chance someone can explain to me how i can get it to work on a debian distro? i followed the os x guide to install all the dependecies for python. was the same. but when i start the proxhtts.py with python it seems to work but i get some errors.

i get that error on the client side. its the same on the server side Smile!
Code:
(host='1.2.3.4', port=8080): Max retries exceeded with url: http://www.apple.com/de/ (Caused by ProxyError('Cannot connect to proxy.', ConnectionRefusedError(111, 'Connection refused')))

thanks a lot for any help!

Managed it to get running. had to change the default proxy to work with privoxy as default proxy!
Ah, easy, you can download my version here and take config.ini from ProxHTTPSProxy folder and replace that config file with your config file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2dtm8pvvc9z7bw...e.zip?dl=0

My preconfigured config.ini will work fine, i'm sure.
How did you install pyOpenSSL as i get an error installing this?

And where do the files for HTTPS proxy goes?

/usr/lib/python3.2/ ?
@rogern just use any folder for the files. you can follow the guide for os x. its almost the same for linux.
(Sep. 26, 2015 08:30 AM)kik0s Wrote: [ -> ]@rogern just use any folder for the files. you can follow the guide for os x. its almost the same for linux.

Jupp it is, but i got an error code 1

Edit: Think i got it working with installing

aptitude install libffi-ruby1.8 libffindex0 libffi-dev libffindex-dev libffi5

It is a striped version so i guess those packages ws not neeededSmile! (dietpi)
It is a another adtrap like privoxy.

My setup is with urlfilter/e2guardian/squid and privoxy+dietpi on rasppberrypi 2.

squid https only filter with urlfilter as i have heard
Got this error

root@dietpi:/usr/local/lib/python3.2/ProxHTTPSProxy_py-1.3a# python3.2 ProxHTTPSProxy.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "ProxHTTPSProxy.py", line 27, in <module>
from ProxyTool import ProxyRequestHandler, get_cert, counter
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.2/ProxHTTPSProxy_py-1.3a/ProxyTool.py", line 17, in <module>
import selectors
ImportError: No module named selectors

Changed it to import selectors did fix it though

root@dietpi:/usr/local/lib/python3.2/ProxHTTPSProxy_py-1.3a# python3.2 ProxHTTPSProxy.py
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.2/ProxHTTPSProxy_py-1.3a/ProxyTool.py", line 21, in <module>
from CertTool import get_cert
ImportError: No module named CertTool
Hi, you should ask here, ProxHTTPSProxy's author can help you: http://www.prxbx.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=48
as far as i know you need the dev version of openssl for your distro. i think its that one "libssl-dev". just use apt-get install libssl-dev
They are installed, but i think the problem is acctually

brew install python3 --with-brewed-openssl

i only installed python3 as --with-brewed-openssl i did not find a solutionWink
(Oct. 02, 2015 07:53 AM)rogern Wrote: [ -> ]i only installed python3 as --with-brewed-openssl i did not find a solutionWink

Code:
pip install pyopenssl
pip install urllib3
pip install colorama
It still complains about collectors i can change it to collectors 34, but then get another error

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.2/ProxHTTPSProxy_py-1.3a/ProxyTool.py", line 17, in <module>
import selectors
ImportError: No module named selectors

find / | grep selectors shows only selectors34
selectors is a built in module shipping since python v3.4. Please upgrade your python installation to v3.4 or above.

Or use attached ProxyTool.py.
Python 3.4 i have to install by tar as 3.2 is the newest.
When replacing the file i got this error back

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.2/ProxHTTPSProxy_py-1.3a/ProxyTool.py", line 20, in <module>
from CertTool import get_cert
ImportError: No module named CertTool
It's a python installation problem if you have CertTool.py under the same directory but couldn't import it.
@rogern try this
Code:
sudo apt-get install python-dev libffi-dev libssl-dev

then do this:

Code:
$ cd ~
$ wget https://www.python.org/ftp/python/3.4.2/Python-3.4.2.tgz
$ tar -zxvf Python-3.4.2.tgz
$ cd Python-3.4.2
$ ./configure
$ make
$ sudo make install

if you dont have build tools then do that first:

Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade -y
sudo apt-get install build-essential libncursesw5-dev libgdbm-dev libc6-dev
sudo apt-get install zlib1g-dev
sudo apt-get install libssl-dev openssl

after that you should have a fully working copy of python3.4. you can type "python3.4" in your terminal window and it should show you some input. do you have pip3? for those needed tools? i should write some ckind of tutorial Smile!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Reference URL's