The Un-Official Proxomitron Forum

Full Version: [Req] Full URL request like using remote proxy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
maybe this is the most stupid question...
but i need your help friends, how can I make the full url in GET header request while i'm editing the HOST too..?

for example
while using proxy:
Code:
Using Proxy - 10.20.27.250:8080
GET http://wap.smartwap.net/favicon.ico HTTP/1.1
Host: wap.smartwap.net

without proxy
Code:
GET /favicon.ico HTTP/1.1

so what i want is to request full url even though im not using proxy.
Code:
GET http://wap.smartwap.net/favicon.ico HTTP/1.1
i've tried edit the "URL:" header but i always failed, please help me.. Hail
I don't think we can do that with filters.

Why do you need it?
my college only allow me to access eepis-its.edu
so, to open any site, i need to edit the host to eepis-its.edu
but if i open google search for example:
http://www.google.com/search?=....

it becomes http://eepis-its.edu/search?=....

so the result is 404 page not found.

is there any other way to requesting full URL without remote proxy?
this doesn't sound like an "ethical" request....

the college has access rules for a reason, don't you suppose?
yes, im sorry, but here i only ask about full url request..
isn't that possible in proxomitron?
header filters have always been way over my head, so can't say as i know for sure...
(Feb. 24, 2012 04:08 PM)bugmenot Wrote: [ -> ]isn't that possible in proxomitron?

I don't think so. The Proxomitron is doing what is expected.
Direct connections only need the path. Standard proxies may need and expect the complete url in the initial contact.

There may be other proxies that allow you to control this but I'd be a little surprised if this solved your other problem (that, all things considered, I probably shouldn't help you solve anyway).
ProxRocks Wrote:header filters have always been way over my head, so can't say as i know for sure...

JJoe Wrote:There may be other proxies that allow you to control this but I'd be a little surprised if this solved your other problem (that, all things considered, I probably shouldn't help you solve anyway).

Well, is my question about full url request against this forum rule? Suspicious
(Feb. 25, 2012 11:26 AM)bugmenot Wrote: [ -> ]Well, is my question about full url request against this forum rule? Suspicious

nope, not in-and-of-itself...
we (primarily JJoe, as header filters are above my head) have stated that we simply don't think what you ask is achievable via Proxo...

JJoe did note that you may need to resort to "other proxies", as the full url request is beyond Proxo's capabilities and that Proxo is doing what it is expected to do, which just doesn't happen to meet your requirements as far as the full url request goes...

you're welcome to try "other proxies" and report your findings to us, we'd all like "learning" new things...

on a personal note though, i myself am a retired continuing education instructor ("trade school")... i do strongly encourage you to NOT "go around" the college's "access restrictions"... doing so is, in the case of all three of the schools i have worked with, a "misdemeanor" and does go on your "criminal record"... granted, it's no "felony", but that just might boil down to what you "do" once you "get around" that "limited access"...
Quote:nope, not in-and-of-itself...
we (primarily JJoe, as header filters are above my head) have stated that we simply don't think what you ask is achievable via Proxo...

JJoe did note that you may need to resort to "other proxies", as the full url request is beyond Proxo's capabilities and that Proxo is doing what it is expected to do, which just doesn't happen to meet your requirements as far as the full url request goes...

you're welcome to try "other proxies" and report your findings to us, we'd all like "learning" new things...

on a personal note though, i myself am a retired continuing education instructor ("trade school")... i do strongly encourage you to NOT "go around" the college's "access restrictions"... doing so is, in the case of all three of the schools i have worked with, a "misdemeanor" and does go on your "criminal record"... granted, it's no "felony", but that just might boil down to what you "do" once you "get around" that "limited access"...

Thanks for your advice guys, i've found another proxy, it's privoxy. Big Teeth
They have a command to ask for complete url instead a path. Thank you all Thumbs Up
Reference URL's