The Un-Official Proxomitron Forum

Full Version: Google Light Theme - fixed 2010-05-06
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(Jun. 05, 2010 09:07 PM)OZO Wrote: [ -> ]Here is new simplified filter that I've been using since 2010-05-20.
It doesn't use the old "Google Search: Alternate Display 9.04.30 (multi) [sd ku] (d.s)" filter at all. Uncheck all its components ...

Which components (filters/headers) need to be disabled? Many thanks.
(Jun. 06, 2010 02:21 AM)soccerfan Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun. 05, 2010 09:07 PM)OZO Wrote: [ -> ]Here is new simplified filter that I've been using since 2010-05-20.
It doesn't use the old "Google Search: Alternate Display 9.04.30 (multi) [sd ku] (d.s)" filter at all. Uncheck all its components ...

Which components (filters/headers) need to be disabled? Many thanks.
At the beginning of this thread I provided code for the filter:
". + Google Light Theme 10.05.06 (!nn) [ozo] (o.s)"
which required followed filter to run:
"Google Search: Alternate Display 9.04.30 (multi) [sd ku] (d.s)"

Now, the latest simplified filter (see post #30) doesn't require any of those filters (just disable them all):
"Google Search: Alternate Display 9.04.30 (multi) [sd ku] (d.s)"
". ++ Google Light Theme 10.05.08 (!nn) [ozo] (o.s)"
". + Google Dark Blue Theme 9.06.06 (!nn) [vc sd st] (d.s)"
". + Google Dark Gray Theme 9.06.06 (!nn) [vc sd st] (o.s)"
". + Google Light Blue Theme 9.04.29 (!nn) [...] (o.s)"

Put the new filter package (3 filters from the post #30) right before "Alternate Display" filter. I'd suggest to turn synchronously on both 1st and 2nd filters from the package ("Google Light Theme..." and "++ Google - Hide left bar..."). And you may turn on or off (as you wish) the last one ("+ Google - No "Info" bar..").
Gotcha. Thanks for your clear explanations OZO.
You're very welcome, soccerfan.
Implementing a toggle for the LeftNav bar is an excellent idea!
I'll add this filter to the config. Smile!
If you have modified these filters since sidki's newly released (10/23) config, I'd appreciate if you could share Smile!
@soccerfan
Here is the code that I currently use with the latest 10/23 config:
Code:
Name = "Google Light Theme     10.05.20 (!nn) [ozo] (o.s)"
Active = TRUE
URL = "$TYPE(htm)www.google.(^$TST(hOrigUA=mozilla/4.[1-9](^*opera)*))[^:/]+/(intl/[^/]+/(^?)|search\?(^q\=cache:)|webhp|(^?))"
Limit = 15000
Match = "(</style><noscript><style>)\1"
Replace = "\r\n/* Google New Theme: */\r\n"
          "a{text-decoration:none;}\r\n"
          "a:link,.q a:link,a.toplink:visited{color:#00A!important;}\r\n"
          "a:visited{color: #A0D;}a:active,.q a:active,a.fl:active{color:#D00!important;}\r\n"
          "a:hover,.q a:hover,a.fl:hover{text-decoration:underline;color:#000!important;}\r\n"
          "li.g{background:#F8F8F8;margin-bottom:0.5em;padding:0 .5em;}\r\n"
          "#center_col,#cnt,.s{margin:0px;max-width:none;}div.med{padding:4px!important;}\r\n"
          "div.tsf-p,#foot{max-width:none;margin:0 1em;}/*make query window wider*/\r\n"
          "div.rshdr div form div div{visibility:hidden;}div.rshdr div.tsf-p,div.rshdr div.tsf-p div{visibility:inherit;}\r\n"
          "\1$STOP()"

Name = "++ Google - Hide left bar     10.05.20 (!nn) [ozo] (o.s)"
Active = TRUE
URL = "$TYPE(htm)www.google.(^$TST(hOrigUA=mozilla/4.[1-9](^*opera)*))[^:/]+/(intl/[^/]+/(^?)|search\?(^q\=cache:)|webhp|(^?))"
Limit = 15000
Match = "(<div id=leftnav)\1"
Replace = "\r\n<!-- Hide LeftNav Bar -->\r\n<style>#leftnav {visibility:hidden;border:solid 1px blue;}</style>\r\n<div style=\"position:absolute;top:-1.5em;left:.5em;cursor:pointer;color:blue;font-size:75%;\" title=\"Toggle Left Bar\"  onclick=\"c=document.getElementById('leftnav').style;c.visibility!='visible'?(c.visibility='visible',this.innerHTML='&#9668;'):(c.visibility='hidden',this.innerHTML='&#9658;');return false;\">&#9658;</div>\r\n\1$STOP()"

Name = "+ Google - No "Info" bar     10.05.08 (!nn) [ozo] (o.s)"
Active = TRUE
Limit = 500
Match = "<div id=tbbc*</div>"
Replace = "\r\n<!-- Removed Info bar -->\r\n$STOP()"

I put it right above the old line:
Code:
Name = "Google Search: Alternate Display     10.08.22 (multi) [sd ku] (d.s)"

Remember, if you use "Google Light Theme" you don't need "Google Search: Alternate Display" components. Just turn them all off:
Code:
Google Search: Alternate Display     10.08.22 (multi) [sd ku] (d.s)
. + Google Toggle: Left NavBar     10.08.22 (!nn multi) [ozo] (d.s)
. + Google Theme: Dark Blue     10.09.15 (!nn) [vc sd st] (d.s)
. + Google Theme: Dark Gray     10.09.15 (!nn) [vc sd st] (o.s)
. + Google Theme: Light Blue     10.08.22 (!nn) [...] (o.s)

Let me know any questions...
(Nov. 07, 2010 09:33 PM)OZO Wrote: [ -> ]@soccerfan
Here is the code that I currently use with the latest 10/23 config:
Let me know any questions...

I followed your instructions. So far so good. Many thanks OZO Smile!
You're welcome! Smile!
i also add the below filter so that the max-width setting for the search field doesn't result in a horizontal scrollbar...
Code:
Name = "+ Google - No SafeSearch Status [add]"
Active = TRUE
URL = "$TST(hCT=*html)www.google.(^$TST(hOrigUA=mozilla/4.[1-9](^*opera)*))[^:/]+/(intl/[^/]+/(^?)|search\?(^q\=cache:)|webhp|(^?))"
Limit = 2048
Match = "<div id=ss-status*about SafeSearch</a></div></div>"
Replace = "\r\n<!-- Removed SafeSearch Status -->\r\n$STOP()"
(Nov. 10, 2010 03:20 PM)ProxRocks Wrote: [ -> ]i also add the below filter so that the max-width setting for the search field doesn't result in a horizontal scrollbar...

Where do you put this filter please?
i have it in as the first filter right after all of the "theme" filters...
(Nov. 10, 2010 05:08 PM)ProxRocks Wrote: [ -> ]i have it in as the first filter right after all of the "theme" filters...

Thanks. Works well with my k-meleon browser (1.1.3) Smile!
(Nov. 10, 2010 03:20 PM)ProxRocks Wrote: [ -> ]i also add the below filter so that the max-width setting for the search field doesn't result in a horizontal scrollbar...
Good catch, ProxRocks! Thumbs Up
When they've started doing that?
"they"?

if by "they" you mean "Google", then "they" didn't do it, "we" did when we increased the width of the search field input box Big Teeth
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Reference URL's