The Un-Official Proxomitron Forum

Full Version: Blocking Executable Files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
first, i am not presently using proxomitron, though i have used it, some, in the past, so i am a little familiar with using it.. and i am considering using it again.. so, without my going into further unnecessary detail, what i want to know is if i can use promitron to block executable files (or other types of files) from being downloaded?

actually, that is why i am not using proxomitron, because i am using antivir's "webguard", instead, which allows me to block executable files (and other types of files) from being downloaded, which i think enhances my computer's security.. my understanding is that proxomitron does not work well with the various "webguards" that some av-programs have, and so i don't use the two together..

i would like for proxomitron to have options, in the ruleset, for blocking executable files (and other types of files, as well) from being downloaded.. maybe it already has those? i don't know.. but isn't it a good idea?
Good idea but it is already there: http://prxbx.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1029
thanks, whenever..

i see, now, that i posted my question in the wrong subforum..
Reference URL's