The Un-Official Proxomitron Forum

Full Version: text/x-javascript pop up with 1.1.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Thank you for creating this great program. Since updating to 1.1.4 I am now getting this pop up:
[Image: textxfc3.jpg]

Is there an easy solution to not see these again?

I'm using firefox 2.0.0.14 with the customizegoogle add on. Also, never saw these with Bfilter 1.1.3 or 1.1.2.
I've seen that popup a couple of times, and I have a guess about what causes it, but I can't reproduce it anymore. It doesn't show up for me on the page on the screenshot.
If you can reproduce it, email me (jart at users . sf . net) the HTML of a page where it happens (right click -> View Source).

OK, so after my above post these "ads" pop-ups seemed to stop when I switched browsers from Firefox v2.0.0.14 to v3RC3. Today I uninstalled RC3 rebooted and installed Firefox v3final. Now the "ads" pop-ups returned. I thought maybe after rebooting the ads would not re-appear but they do. I am still using the customizegoogle add-on. I emailed you the "page source" and this is the matching screen shot:
[Image: image3ue1.jpg]

update: the "ads" pop-ups are no longer happening. Not sure what I could have done. Maybe they just go away... Besides another reboot I did run CCleaner. Let me take this opportunity to thank you for BFilter. It's great and makes the internet a lot more pleasant and enjoyable!!

Please disregard my above post. I just noticed I had BFilter on the "Bypass" setting. After de-selecting"Bypass" the "ads" pop-ups have returned.
I commited a fix to SVN, so the next version will have it.

For now, you can workaround it by adding the following like to your urls.local file (Tray Icon -> Configuration -> Advanced):
Code:
AD *pagead*.googlesyndication.*/pagead/*
This pattern comes from the "urls" file, except there it has "JS" instead of "AD". The new FF doesn't like javascript replacements that BFilter generates. You may have to add more patterns replacing "JS" with "AD".
If one used the Blocksite extension to block the connection to the ad domain, then that kind of thing would not be an issue, would it?
Quote:If one used the Blocksite extension to block the connection to the ad domain, then that kind of thing would not be an issue, would it?
This solution should work as well.

Thank you for the quick solution. It worked Smile!

After replacing BFilter 1.1.3 by 1.1.4 this day and I noticed the problem.

I apply your solution, and immediately all work very well.

Thank you for your great job
Reference URL's