Filter Window
Nov. 18, 2004, 05:41 PM

Would be nice if the filter window's "minimum size" wasn't so big...

It won't let me pull the top down or the bottom up and the window hangs off my screen...

Everything's lookin' good - glad to have you aboard...
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Nov. 18, 2004, 07:18 PM

Right! I will reorganise and resize items to make them fit in a 800x600 windows desktop.
Will it be compact enough?

Kuruden
Visit this user's website
Nov. 18, 2004, 07:24 PM

That'll do it to it, Sonny Pruit... Smile!

I'll let you know if I bump into anything else...
Nov. 18, 2004, 11:24 PM

This is the reorganized screen. It should fit in a 800x600 desktop.
http://proximodo.sourceforge.net/shot_f2.jpg
Will be for next release.
Nov. 19, 2004, 03:04 AM

Here is a solution for a better filter management. Tell me if you are ok with it. It looks more like Proxo.

-------------------
Instead of 2 screens (1 for filters, 1 for configurations) there would be only one (let's call it "filters"). Inside it you find :
- a tree, with folders that you can rename/create/delete/expand/shrink as you wish
- a dropdown box, to switch from a configuration to another. But it does not change the tree, only the states of checkboxes inside the tree (see below).

Folders' content is visible, those rows display some filters' properties:
- a checkbox (is the filter active in the current configuration)
- the title
- the type (in/out/text) (which could be replaced by some text color)
- the "rank"

"Rank" is a unique number, it is the order in which active filters are executed. You edit it along with filters properties, it is independant from the position of the filter in the tree (so that you can group in the same folder filters that must run first with filter that must run last).

Folders also have a checkbox to check/uncheck filters all in 1 time (useful for filters working as a unit).

You can move filters and folders within the tree, much like a browser's bookmark tree.

To edit a filter, you open a non-modal window, and can keep it open while changing the tree. When you click on a filter in the tree, that window is updated to show the current filter.
-------------------

Just a warning, programming trees is an awful mess with wxWidgets Wink That's why I implemented lists in the first place. So it will really take some weeks to do that.