ProxHTTPSProxy, a Proxomitron SSL Helper Program
May. 30, 2010, 03:47 PM
RE: ProxHTTPSProxy, a Proxomitron SSL Helper Program
(May. 29, 2010 07:39 PM)JJoe Wrote:  I should add that at the moment this does not matter. ProxHTTPSProxy is 'correcting' the address before Polipo sees it. Which is probably what whenever meant to say.

Yes, you won't get that '403 Forbidden port' error if you chain polipo after ProxHTTPSProxy.

(May. 28, 2010 06:04 PM)Graycode Wrote:  (I think) Proxo's SSL problem went away with your use of 'proxcert.pem'. That certificate would have been generated simply and does not contain the many extensions that have been added to (Open)SSL. With that certificate, Proxo and its SSLEAY libraries should stay happy because the newer SSL extensions aren't in there.
Maybe you should look into abandoning the 307 completely.
Let Proxomitron use its SSLEAY. Let it manage the in/out HTTP headers and filter the data. But defend it from newer incompatible SSL methods.

I agree the new method is much better than the 307 method if it works as you guessed. I made a just seems working version in a hurry. Please report if it doesn't work.

Attached File(s)
.zip  HTTPSProxy 0.1.zip (Size: 1.72 KB / Downloads: 690)
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ProxHTTPSProxy, a Proxomitron SSL Helper Program - whenever - May. 30, 2010 03:47 PM