ProxHTTPSProxy, a Proxomitron SSL Helper Program
May. 28, 2010, 04:49 AM (This post was last modified: May. 28, 2010 04:51 AM by JJoe.)
RE: ProxHTTPSProxy, a Proxomitron SSL Helper Program
(May. 25, 2010 08:27 AM)whenever Wrote:  Please let me know if the version 0.2b fixes the issue on your machine.

I believe it is fixed or much better. I would have expected to see the error by now.

(May. 25, 2010 08:27 AM)whenever Wrote:  
(May. 25, 2010 05:32 AM)JJoe Wrote:  what about http://ssl.scroogle.org:443/sslnote.html?

It's a issue produced by ProxHTTPSProxy's redirecting, maybe we'd better fix it in ProxHTTPSProxy so it can be used without Proxo?

If I understand, the referer header could be modified by ProxHTTPSProxy. This would only hide us from the less determined. The browser still has the 'incorrect' info and a script could access it and detect us. Proxo or ProxHTTPSProxy could, I think, add some code to hide or correct the 'incorrect' info. Having ProxHTTPSProxy add the script (a slippery slope) might complicate things for ProxHTTPSProxy's author and Proxo users.
Hiding is hard to do anyway.
I think.

(May. 25, 2010 08:27 AM)whenever Wrote:  without Proxo?

Isn't "ProxHTTPSProxy, a Proxomitron SSL Helper Program"? Wink

(May. 25, 2010 08:27 AM)whenever Wrote:  On the other hand, did you notice under some situations the referer header was not resent after 307 redirect?

I have not noticed a missing header but my set adds one by default. I haven't had time to modify things to really analize ProxHTTPSProxy. Even if I did (I will), I don't use the internet like I did when Scott was with us. I've forgotten a lot and some has changed.

So... I see 8 downloads of ProxHTTPSProxy 0.2b.zip. I download my uploads to make sure they work. Whenever, JJoe, ProxRocks, Graycode (not a User of the Proxomitron), and 4 unknowns. How about some feedback? Need some help getting it running? Just open another thread, if you are worried about spoiling this one. Please include 'ProxHTTPSProxy' in the title.

@Whenever,
Do you have a thread for this at your forum?
Can you host ssl pages and forms?
Is is ok to announce at the Prox-List?
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ProxHTTPSProxy, a Proxomitron SSL Helper Program - JJoe - May. 28, 2010 04:49 AM