How to use Proximodo to get you Playstation 3 to play Hulu videos.
Dec. 19, 2009, 11:53 PM
How to use Proximodo to get you Playstation 3 to play Hulu videos.
To make a long story short, I need to use Proximodo to play Hulu content on my Sony PS3 console. Somehow Hulu is able to prevent the PS3 from playing Hulu content, but it is possible to fool the Hulu website into believing your PS3 is a PC.

There is a webiste that explains how to do this using Proximation. I tried it and it works like a charm, but I want to do this using Proximodo. The problem is I can't figure out how to adjust the settings in Proximodo to do this.

Below are the original instructions from http://www.ypass.net/blog/2009/09/got-a-...%E2%80%A6/ on how to adjust Proxomitron's settings. Please help me to translate this info so that Proximodo can do the same.

I want to use Proximodo because I want to use a program that starts by itself on start-up.

Quote:Got a PS3? Want Hulu Back? And you’re a Windows user?
September 22nd, 2009Goto commentsLeave a comment

As a follow up to unblocking Hulu on the PS3, I’ve gotten tons of of responses. While that solution will successfully work in Windows, setting up squid on a Microsoft OS can be a painful task. Windows makes the simplest things incredibly difficult.

But squid was definitely designed for Linux, so that’s not incredibly surprising.

Thankfully, for the windows users out there, Jonathan Morales has this to contribute:

You can set this up in half the time using windows and an old program called proxomitron. You might want to post this for those who just want it to work easily:

step 1) Download proxomitron from http://www.proxomitron.info
step 2) open proxomitron and uncheck everything except the outgoing header filters
step 3) open outgoing header filters and uncheck them all, but find one of the user_agent ones and modify it as such:

change the header name to user-agent:firefox win32
(optional) in the url match, put *.hulu.com – this will only activate the header if you go to that url
header value match should be *
change the value to Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; en-US) Firefox/3.0.11
make sure that the outgoing checkbox is checked but not the in
step 4) on the proxomitron main window go to config, click the access tab and set to allow connections from your local network e.g. 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.0.255

step 5) go to file>save default settings, and then close and reopen proxomitron

step 6) On the ps3 network settings, set it to use a proxy server and point it to the ip address of your windows machine running proxomitron, port 8080.

Other comments:

it’s a good practice to set your ip address on the windows machine that runs proxomitron to be static, so that there’s no chance it’ll change and your ps3 starts pointing to an ip address that doesn’t exist or is assigned to another computer.
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Dec. 23, 2009, 03:55 PM
RE: How to use Proximodo to get you Playstation 3 to play Hulu videos.
(Dec. 19, 2009 11:53 PM)MochaShakaKhan Wrote:  I want to use Proximodo because I want to use a program that starts by itself on start-up.

To start Proxomitron automatically, you can just create a shortcut to it in your startup folder.
Dec. 23, 2009, 09:53 PM
(Dec. 23, 2009 03:55 PM)whenever Wrote:  To start Proxomitron automatically, you can just create a shortcut to it in your startup folder.

I think he means proximodo Smile!
Dec. 24, 2009, 03:33 AM (This post was last modified: Dec. 24, 2009 03:37 AM by eclipse.)
(Dec. 23, 2009 03:55 PM)whenever Wrote:  
(Dec. 19, 2009 11:53 PM)MochaShakaKhan Wrote:  I want to use Proximodo because I want to use a program that starts by itself on start-up.

To start Proxomitron automatically, you can just create a shortcut to it in your startup folder.

I think whenever is on the right track, as there's a solution for MochaShakaKhan using proxomitron (and you can set it to autostart too!) Wink

Or maybe I'm missing something important as there's a PS3 involved. I don't know if the proxy needs to run "within" the PS3 or not.
Jan. 09, 2010, 10:22 AM
Thanks for the replies. Sorry it took me so long to respond. I'm using my pc as a proxy for my PS3 so the program would be on my pc. Proxomitron has an autostart feature? How to you enable it? Just put a shortcut in the startup folder like whenever said? I'll try that, but i really like Proximodo so if anyone knows how to apply the settings that'd still be great.
Jan. 09, 2010, 04:55 PM
(Jan. 09, 2010 10:22 AM)MochaShakaKhan Wrote:  Just put a shortcut in the startup folder like whenever said? I'll try that, but i really like Proximodo

With a shortcut to Proximodo in the startup folder,
I would expect Proximodo to load at start up.

HTH