Proxo/ Windows & Privoxy for Linux?
Aug. 05, 2009, 07:10 AM
RE: Proxo/ Windows & Privoxy for Linux?
43 unite and everyone else, thanks for the wine tips with proxomitron, got it running in 5 minutes with opera on opensuse 11 and it's working 100%, just as in windows. the only thing i found i cant do, is to launch opera from proxomitron, because when you browse for the file to run, proxomitron wants an .exe like in windows, and of course my opera on linux is not, but that's not a big issue.

thanks again!
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Aug. 05, 2009, 02:23 PM (This post was last modified: Aug. 05, 2009 02:28 PM by 43unite.)
(Aug. 05, 2009 07:10 AM)chrome_waves Wrote:  the only thing i found i cant do, is to launch opera from proxomitron, because when you browse for the file to run, proxomitron wants an .exe like in windows, and of course my opera on linux is not, but that's not a big issue.
Glad that we could help. Smile! I don't use Opera but you might be able to work around this by tricking Proxo. Maybe have Proxo run a script or link (that it thinks is Opera) that in turn really launches Opera. Of course you could easily create a desktop icon link to open Opera directly and set Opera to use Proxo as any other browser would.

BTW: How were my instructions? Any additions, clarifications, or improvements that you could suggest?
Aug. 07, 2009, 08:46 PM
43unite, thanks again, your guide was great, everything worked just fine, so no real advice as regards improvements, at least not on my end. its just nice to have the comfort of proxomitron running on a good solid linux build Rocker
Aug. 07, 2009, 09:06 PM (This post was last modified: Aug. 07, 2009 09:07 PM by 43unite.)
Thank you for responding. Glad that you are having a good Linux/Proxo experience (as am I). Have fun. Thumbs Up