Sidki Config Pack
Dec. 23, 2008, 07:46 AM
Sidki Config Pack
Here we can share and develop filters/lists for Sidki's config pack.

I've been looking around his pack, trying to understand it better, and I noticed how he has an "AdDomains" (and "AdHosts") list, and a web filter that compares the list with a "HOSTS" file. It seems to be the "backbone" of his config set.

So I took the time to try and get as many matches as possible (using the MVPS HOSTS file as a reference point).

Feel free to try the attached list out, but be aware, there may be false positives (back up the original AdDomains.ptxt and AdDomains.ptxt files first). (Note: I created a new section at the bottom of the list, Line 767 in AdDomains and line 556 in AdHosts, and my section has two sub-sections, "Domains" and "Reg. Ex.". My section in the two files are identical, I simply copy-pasted.)

Below is a description of the lines I'm most proud of Wink

Quote:[0-9]+{4,*} --> if domain starts with and has 4 or more consecutive numbers (e.g.: 0000.com), then it's a domain to remove)
[bcdfghjklmnpqrstvwxyz0-9-]+{6,*} --> if domain has 6 or more consecutive consonants/numbers/dashes (no vowels) (e.g. zbx2hxh.com), then it's a domain to remove)
[a-z0-9-]+{15,*} --> if domain is longer than 15 characters (e.g. somedomainnamethatsreallylongbecausephishersarerunningoutofdomainstobuy.com, then it's a domain to remove)
((-|)[a-z0-9]+-)+{3,*}[a-z0-9-]+ --> if domain has more than three dashes within it (e.g. my-sexy-bonzi-buddy.com), then it's a domain to remove)

I haven't had time to really test out the updated list; I'm hoping there are little false positives!

.zip  adlists-20081223.zip (Size: 19.46 KB / Downloads: 849)

EDIT: I just tried it out and there are false positives; false positives being it removes non-ads. Minor tweaks will have to be made to the lists.

EDIT 2: Tweaks are being made on an on-going basis. Additional lists are being updated; they are included in the zip file. I recommend doing a backup before overwriting the existing lists Wink
Visit this user's website
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply
Dec. 23, 2008, 05:40 PM
RE: Sidki Config Pack
I'm now also updating AdKeys and other lists for any ads that I come across. I will post my lists once I'm happy with them Wink

EDIT: Since I'll be going out soon, I want to post what I have so far. I've updated my first post with a zip file containing AdDomains, AdHosts, AdKeys, AdKeys-J and AdPaths.
Visit this user's website
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply