Your browser is no longer supported.
Dec. 15, 2010, 07:05 PM
Your browser is no longer supported.
Hey fellow Proxomitron users! I hope you are doing well.

If you don't that's OK, but I'm wondering if there's anybody out there who has any "fake user-agent" ideas for me for Youtube. Yeah, I'm one of those folks who has refused to upgrade browsers (I'm revolting, lol) because it seems to me that with every new upgrade, we're losing more and more of our privacy. And so, well, I stopped upgrading at Firefox 1.5.0.11 and Opera 9.64 and y'know what, it's been great. My browsers are setup just the way I like them so I can do my reading and get my news. Simple. No problem. BTW: I think Firefox version 1.5.0.10 is a little better than version 1.5.0.11, but that's a whole other discussion and we don't have time to chase that rabbit today. :-)

But, here's the problem and my question. There are consequences to not upgrading. For example, at Youtube I'm getting the message, "Your browser is no longer supported. Please upgrade to a modern browser," and they've made it hard to login. Of course, I understand that I will eventually have to install one of the newer browsers for situations like this. It's just a matter of time. But, do you think it is possible that I can trick them for a little while longer with a fake user-agent in Exceptions-U? A user-agent that will make them think I upgraded? Well, that's my question. Thanks for listening. Best to you.
Add Thank You Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Your browser is no longer supported. - apacallyps - Dec. 15, 2010 07:05 PM