The Un-Official Proxomitron Forum

Full Version: Auto Log In
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Something has gone haywire with my AutoComplete in MSIE 6.0 . I can no longer automatically login to any site except Yahoo via Sidke's filters . Even the UOPF filter is not working as it did before . I have tried resetting the content and security settings in IE to no avail . It seems to have started when I updated security patches from MS . It's ironical but I've never had a virus on my pc to create havoc but Microsoft updates sure as hell do . I would really like to autologin here and a couple of other places . Any ideas ? TIA
Ralph,

I just let the cookie do the talking. Wink

No reason to get fancy, and no reason to mistrust Kye-U, the cookie works as it was originally intended to - save session information so that returning users don't have to log in repeatedly.

But your desires may not match my proclivities, so take it with a suitable grain of salt. Whistling

Oddysey
Oddysey Wrote:...no reason to mistrust Kye-U...
er, "getting fancy" and "working around" cookie usage isn't always a matter of admin "mistrust" (as you seem to imply, my pot-stir cohort)... Big Teeth

my browsing environment is ~95% cookie-free...
NO cookies, naughta, zip, zilch...

sure, ~80% of that 95% subset [or ~76% of the whole] is cookieless on account of "mistrust"...

but that remaining ~24% (of which the UOPF and CastleCops are two prime examples) have absolutely nothing to do with cookie content "trustworthiness" - but rather, a no remnants left behind session-only browsing environment that "fakes" cookies (such as the UOPF and CastleCops) for the sake of not having to "log in" with every session-only session when the "fake cookie" suffices for obtaining "unread posts since last visit"...

in other news - Ralph, sorry, I don't use AutoComplete, hopefully a passerby will stumble in that can lead us down that rocky road of chocolate and marshmallow...
Smile!
ProxRocks Wrote:"fake cookie" suffices for obtaining "unread posts since last visit"...
in other news - Ralph, sorry, I don't use AutoComplete, hopefully a passerby will stumble in that can lead us down that rocky road of chocolate and marshmallow...
Thanks guys for the replies . Since I'm the only person on this pc I really don't worry about AutoComplete . I don't have anything other than forum passwords and logins names to make it easier to check unread posts since my last visit . No super secret stuff . How do I fake cookies to allow me to logon to UOPF and Computer Cops without having to go through the clicks and typing of code numbers ? Sidke's filter has a Header to " Fake Cookies on Selected sites " but don't I need to edit it to choose the sites ? Boy , sometimes I really feel like an egghead , but wtf if I didn't ask how , I wouldn't learn tiddlywinks !
Ralph Wrote:How do I fake cookies to allow me to logon to UOPF and Computer Cops without having to go through the clicks and typing of code numbers ? Sidke's filter has a Header to " Fake Cookies on Selected sites " but don't I need to edit it to choose the sites ?

nope, you're no egghead, lol...

for Sidki's config -

first, log in to the UOPF and to CC and use Sidki's "flyover" to view the cookie contents by hovering over the "cookies" 'footnote'...

for the UOPF, the line-of-interest begins with "mybbuser="...
for CC, the line-of-interest begins with "user="...
these two lines will be copied into the IncludeExclude-U file...

next, edit IncludeExclude-U to include the following:
Code:
kyeu.info
    $SET(keyword=$GET(keyword)f_cookie.)
    $SET(sCookieF=mybbuser=some-number_gobbly-*-code)

www.castlecops.com/
    $SET(keyword=$GET(keyword)f_cookie.)
    $SET(sCookieF=user=lengthy-jibberish-code)

next, make sure that "AllowCookies" is set to NOT allow cookies for the UOPF and CC...

now clear your cache and DELETE the cookies in your cache as well (or manually delete just the UOPF and CC cookie)...

close your browser, save the IncludeExclude, reload Sidki's config set...

open your browser and go to the UOPF and CC...

you should now be logged in "automatically"...

note that when using "fake cookies", with the "sid=" cookie content not being relayed 'as intended', that "behavior" of marked posts will behave 'slightly' differently (like, don't bother to hit "mark posts as read" because without the sid= info, the site [UOPF and CC] will return a query error)...

all in all, "fake cookies" ROCK, but site behavior will be 'slightly' different, but you'd never notice it unless using a virtual magnifying glass, critiquing every click...

let me know if the above gets you up-and-running with "fake cookies"...
those steps "ought to" work, lol...
ProxRocks Wrote:let me know if the above gets you up-and-running with "fake cookies"...
those steps "ought to" work, lol...
I posted last night about my mixed results with editing IncludeExclude-U ; it seems that I could log into the site ok but as soon as I went to post I was not logged in again . I bypassed Proxo , thinking I was logged in , but no post was noted this morning . Trouble was , I was trying to do too many things at the same time . As I was fiddling with Proxomitron and Sidke's filters , I was trying to set up a Roku Soundbridge to allow me to wirelessly listen to streaming music on my home theater ; all while sipping on 25 year old scotch ! Needless to say nothing worked except for the scotch . This morning I couldn't even log on to the internet ! No more Roku Soundbridge . It goes back today . I had to restore an image done a couple of days ago to get everything working again . Wink
Ralph Wrote:I bypassed Proxo , thinking I was logged in , but no post was noted this morning .
You can't bypass Proxo while using "fake cookies"...
Without Proxo active, the 'fake cookie' goes "bye-bye"...

edit: basically, the "info" that the browser's cookie would have been sending is now being "faked" by Proxo and sent by Proxo instead of being sent by the browser...
By way of an update I'm now using this entry in the IncludeExclude-U
Code:
prxbx.com/forums/
   $SET(0=f_cookie.)
   $SET(sCookieF=mybbuser=some-number_gobbly-*-code)
what did adding the "-*-code" gain you?
my fake cookie seems to be working just fine just with the "huge-butt alphanumeric"...
(Aug. 21, 2008 04:20 PM)ProxRocks Wrote: [ -> ]what did adding the "-*-code" gain you?

I didn't actually use the "-*-code" bit.
I was just using it as an example as per your earlier post
http://prxbx.com/forums/showthread.php?t...55#pid7455
ah yes, i follow now...
from henceforth, i'm calling it "huge-butt alphanumeric", lol...
I can't get this to work with Kye-U's new fake cookie filter.
with the new filter, your IncExc-U entry should look like this:
Code:
prxbx.com/
    $SET(0=f_cookie.)
    $SET(sCookieN=mybbuser)
    $SET(sCookieV=huge-butt_alphanumeric)

although (even though it works for the above) you might want to hold off on that "unofficial" filter for the time being... as, to the best of my knowledge, there is no way to use it if your faked cookie has more than ONE name/value... i'm not 100% sure on that as of yet though...
It still doesn't work for me so I'll keep using the old one.
thanks.
While this started over two years ago, it's had a recent "refreshment", so I thought I'd enter back into the fray with what Ralph wanted in the first place. Cool

Ralph, sorry I didn't know this stuff earlier, but I had occasion a few days ago to re-learn how to tell IE to stop dropping down the address-bar box that offers to fill in a website address, as you type. As I looked at the solution, I recalled that ProxRocks had just led me "back" to this thread (from here), which of course is asking for very nearly the same solution. Here ya go:

Within IE, select from the menu Tools/Internet Options/Content.

At the bottom, under "Personal Information", click on AutoComplete.

See all those nice options? Have at it, my friend! Big Teeth

HTH

Oddysey
Reference URL's