The Un-Official Proxomitron Forum

Full Version: Windows Server 2003 + General slowness on XP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

ju

Hi,
bfilter-0.10.1 don't work on Win2003, nothing happens when starting bfilter.exe. Tried on 2 different systems, even starting it in XP or w2000 compatibility won't work.

I noticed major slowness since the new builds on winXP, surfing is very slow, even with the old 0.9.4...

i've used bfilter for a year now. I quit using it yesterday on all my systems,
and i can't find any alternatives :-(

Quote:Hi,
bfilter-0.10.1 don't work on Win2003, nothing happens when starting bfilter.exe. Tried on 2 different systems, even starting it in XP or w2000 compatibility won't work.
Confirmed. I'll see what I can do.

Quote:I noticed major slowness since the new builds on winXP, surfing is very slow, even with the old 0.9.4...
Do you mean 0.9.4 suddenly became slow? Does it consume much CPU time?

Quote:Do you mean 0.9.4 suddenly became slow?
I noticed recently that page loads were slower than usual, so i checked out your site and saw you updated bfilter. Is there any relation between the old and the new build, like a (slow) url for image replacement or anything ?
After more testing i can say for sure that page loads are faster with the old build. So i'll stick with it.
Quote:Does it consume much CPU time?
can't tell, no cpu issue so far
The problem with Windows 2003 is solved. It didn't like the stable version of the UPX packer. The latest beta works fine. More info here:
http://prxbx.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=5995

Quote:I noticed recently that page loads were slower than usual, so i checked out your site and saw you updated bfilter. Is there any relation between the old and the new build, like a (slow) url for image replacement or anything ?
No, the replacement images are generated by BFilter itself, not taken from an external URL. Version 0.10 had a bug of not detecting connection failures (they timed out instead), that could cause slow page loads. It's fixed in 0.10.1.
If it's still slow, I'll build a debug version for you.
Reference URL's