The Un-Official Proxomitron Forum

Full Version: Can't Log on to Windows Messenger
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
New User, so please be gentle. Big Teeth

I installed Proximodo, added to it the "Miz Mona" Yahoo filters, ticked / unticked filters to match my Proxomitron setup. Saved the file.

When I try to log on to Windows Messenger, it says either the ID or Password are wrong.

If I switch back to Proxomitron, it works.

Here's what I get in the [Log] Window:
<span style='color:red'>>>> Req #52 (port 1690): Request received from browser
CONNECT loginnet.passport.com:443 HTTP/1.0
User-Agent: MSMSGS
Host: loginnet.passport.com
Content-Length: 0
Proxy-Connection: Keep-Alive
Pragma: no-cache</span>

<span style='color:blue'>>>> Req #52: The header filter "Don't force reloads" matched "no-cache"
>>> Req #52: The header filter "Don't force reloads" replaced ""</span>

<span style='color:green'>>>> Req #32 (port 1650): Response sent to browser
HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable
Retry-After: 2</span>

Note: [Blue] lines are actually [Yellow], but [Blue] is easier to see

Comments / Suggestions?

TIA
Hi ardarby,
this is a good occasion for you to help me fix some discrepancies between Proximodo and Proxomitron Smile!
Try this:
- disable all filters, then
- reenable them progressively until your Windows Messenger access fails
- disable them in the same order until it works again (now you should know the culprit(s))
- enable only these filters that cause the log failure
- go into the log window and check all checkboxes
- try logging on WM (it should fail)
- copy-paste the content of the log window and send it to me by email (make sure it does not contain any personal data!)

I may be able to find the origin of the problem and fix that bug. Like I often say, I developped Proximodo from Proxo documentation, so undocumented features (that many filters use) are still missing in Proximodo.

Antony
proximodo(at) free.fr
Addendum:
You have a 503 response.... I suspect WM site sends HTTP headers with LF instead of CR LF at end of lines. HTTP standard forbids to do this, but I noticed some websites do it anyway (like altavista.com/images). I patched Proximodo to handle these situations, it will be available in next release Wink
Tks Anthony,

Got your reply after I'd modified my post to include [Log] window.

Before I got that, I totally removed [Proximodo] and reinstalled. No joy.

Will try your suggestion of unticking the lot, but not sure if it's going to help, particularly, if it's a 'combination' of filters that's causing the problem.
Our messages are crossing Welcome
kuruden Wrote:Our messages are crossing Welcome
You noticed.

I've set it up to use Proxomitron.

Will try again with next release.

Tks

petronelasam

Hi Everyone..

I've been leading with this problem since 1 month and a half, and now it's concerning me a lot
So if one could help me, I would congratulate a lot
When I try to log in to my mailbox it gives me an error on Safari, IE and Firefox
When I try to log in to my Windows Live Messenger I can't because it says that I have problems with my "Porta Chaves" the second last test problem
All of the others are ticked but these one is yellow with an exclamation point in it
But when I log in on another computer, it accepts...
I've done Full Scan twice and it didn't detect nothing harmful
May you guys please help me?
Try in the options of Proxomitron to disable the parsing of secure pages unchecking "Use SSLeay/OpenSSL ...
Reference URL's