The Un-Official Proxomitron Forum

Full Version: About the Donation Button
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, you may have noticed the footer of TUOPF to be greener than usual. I've added a donation button.

This doesn't mean PrxBx.com will be shutting down anytime soon. For a little history, it has been 7 years since I created TUOPF. After hopping around on various free hosts (who injected their own ads into the forums), I decided to spend some money and buy hosting and a domain for us in 2007. Since then, we've been operating ad-free and tracker-free (no Google Analytics/AdClick).

The costs of having hosting and the domain are recurring, and so I decided to place a harmless and hopefully unintrusive button in the footer of TUOPF. Donate any amount (even a dollar) only if you wish! Don't worry, I won't be adding any "in-your-face" pleas for donations in the future (the button is as far as I'll go).

The money will go directly towards paying for our hosting and domain expenses (my PayPal account is kept separate from my chequing account; I transfer money over to my PayPal account periodically, which I then use to pay the hosting/domain fees).
why not put some ads on here? lol
There will never be ads (or any trackers) on TUOPF because I personally hate them Smile! Besides, we're all clever and I'm sure one of us will eventually write a filter to remove it Wink
too bad there isn't a way to get a penny or two from Google, Baidu, Ask Jeeves, Bing, et cetera every time they "visit" the site Smile!

as far as that goes, i'd be all for an "ad" placed on the new membership activation page... that way the forum collects revenue when a "spammer" opens an account and only ever uses said account "once"... Big Teeth
A brilliant idea ProxRocks!
Reference URL's