The Un-Official Proxomitron Forum

Full Version: Lets have a serious discussion about the future of poxomitron/poximodo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There seems to be two camps, first one is happy with proxomitron(proxo) and will continue to use it forever, seconds camp want to move to poximodo(proxi).

whats are the challenge of moving proxo config sets to proxi?
what advantages does proxo have over proxi?
should we start coding basic filters to test out proxi?

other options
1. dig through proximodo SF page and email everyone to see if there is any renew interest
2. contact other proxomitron forums e.g russian, japs and germany to see if anyone will to take on the projects
3. dig through old archive and see who scott sold the binary to
4. reverse engineer the c code

we already have lots of tester and lnminente already put his hand to help write the help files Smile!
Thanks for this movement Bugger, many of us are interested in Proximodo but it needs a bit more of work and betatesting. Hope we can get a good group to do that Smile!
(Jul. 22, 2009 12:30 PM)lnminente Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for this movement Bugger, many of us are interested in Proximodo but it needs a bit more of work and betatesting. Hope we can get a good group to do that Smile!

By way of a bit of background, some many moons ago I remember trying proximotron, getting highly confused about how and why to use it, that I finally gave up on the whole thing. Recently I came back to it in a round-about way and found this forum and proximodo and found a renewed interest.

As it is, I am a newb to either proximotron and proximodo so I will try to read up on both and get to know a bit more about how to do make it do its thing.

I'd be very interested in continuing work on proximodo and so I have downloaded the latest source and have been able to 'almost' compile it cleanly under MSVC 2008 Express - the free edition.

Can't say I understand much of the code - I'm no templates guru, by any means - but it comes close enough that with a bit of more work and time I hope I can get the last two or three issues resolved and get a complete compile.

The current problems I am having relate to conversion to wxStrings from <string> strings.

One other issue I am having is with getting a good debug compile - currently, it bombs with a complaint about side-by-side assemblies :-(

One of my interests would be conversion to using Unicode and that is where I'd expect a whole lot more issues relating to the conversion from <string>. In fact I have already found out a bit, since my initial attempt was to try and compile the whole lot as a Unicode build.

One other issue I saw a mention of regarding proximodo, is memory leaks - which is why I chose to try and build with MSVC, since from past experience it seems to provide enough tools and info for helping in this respect.
Reference URL's