The Un-Official Proxomitron Forum

Full Version: Thanks!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just would like to say thanks to people wich post things i like in this forum, but when i'm going to write it, I think in a problem, many other people would go to see new posts writen, and them would see only Thanks. But really i think is worst if the one wich works and shares his investigations doesn't knows if someone thinks their posts are interesting or not. I see many bright people got bored because they felt very alone.
I think the best example is proximodo, i had all my faith in it, but the programmer worked a lot, he felt alone, and the project (all of we wanted i think but we never said it) was stopped.

So...Would be possible to have a button to say thanks?
And this would not disturb people thinking someone wrote something new.

Hope it not takes so much work, and many thanks in advance.
This feature will probably be added to the forums later on today Smile! I found a plugin; I just need to create a button for the "Thank" image and test it to make sure it works.

Thanks for the suggestion! It makes sense.

EDIT: Done! Only registered users can thank other people (and they can't thank themselves)
What a neat idea.
Thanks to both of you. Smile!

z12
Hmmmm, this smells like Karma points, and you know what that means.... yep: "My Karma ran over my dogma!" Big Teeth

No, seriously, a good idea all around, so I've joined the club and done the deed too. Cheers

Hmmm, after a moment's review.... I see that one can un-thank a person, sort of like a "Smite" button I suppose. Hopefully no one will use that one!

And the bit about listing who did the thanking, I have to say, that's over the top by a small margin. To explain, half the "fun" of Karma is that you are recognized anonymously for some good deed you've done. Identifying the perpetrator(s) smacks of the underpinnings of a clique, and I foresee that newcomers may be overwhelmed at all the glad-handing, and turned off at the prospect of "breaking into the club". But of course, I could be all washed up about that one. Wink

That my 14 cent's worth (in doggy pennies).

Oddysey
doggy pennies?

you do know that the 7-year rule *ONLY* applies to the first "one third to one half" of a dog's life... ie, it's NOT "linear" throughout the life of that dog...

but anyway, there's my sixpence... exchange rates may apply...
I didn't thinked on karmas, but only to don't disturb other, and being grateful with people wich contribute to the community.

But Kye-U decided to put publicly the number of thanks gived and received, and this could be very good to give more movement to this forum, at least that's what i hope!!! Cheers
Should Thanks be anonymous (or remain the way they are)?
The main argument for/against either is knowing the identity of those who have Thanked you (and being comfortable with this). Wink

This plug-in makes a lot of sense on these forums since there's a lot of help offered here, and there's always a need to give Thanks =]
Remain the way they are, hoping people apport more Pray
We've decided to remove the total "Thanks Given/Received", but keep the display of thanks given below posts where Thanks has been given.
Reference URL's