The Un-Official Proxomitron Forum

Full Version: Google Chrome
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just came out today, Hope Kye-U and other experts can give proxo a run on Chrome and give us some feedback.Wink
i was wondering how "long" it would take for someone to ask about 'Google Chrome', lol...

i'm boycotting it, personally... i'll wait for 'Scroogle Rome', 'Screwgle Home', et cetera to hit the market, lol... Big Teeth

actually, in all honesty, what i LOVE about the 'Google Chrome' release is how market share for Firefox (my LEAST favorite browser on the PLANET) is going DOWN, DOWN, down...
(Sep. 02, 2008 11:07 PM)ProxRocks Wrote: [ -> ]actually, in all honesty, what i LOVE about the 'Google Chrome' release is how market share for Firefox (my LEAST favorite browser on the PLANET) is going DOWN, DOWN, down...

Firefox 3.1 out in 2 weeks time.Wink
Firefox foreverrrr!!

That's the mine, without title bar Dancing My Firefox
The addon for doing thatHide Chrome 1.1.1
I'm giving Google Chrome a good thorough test-run and I love everything about it, especially its isolated tab processes, sleek interface and incredible speed. The only pet peeve I have with it is it piggy-backs off of IE's "Proxy" settings. It should and could easily have its own proxy settings built into the browser; why the need to refer to IE?

Proxomitron seems to run just fine with Chrome Smile! Some people are bugged by the fact that it doesn't have any add-on capabilities (yet); this is actually one pro IMO since this is what makes it really light-weight. I love the search feature when you're viewing source code (it highlights results in the scrollbar).
I like the separate tab process, so you can kill slow loading or crashed pages from task manager, also the better memory management...unlike the memory leak from Firefox.

(Sep. 03, 2008 10:28 PM)Kye-U Wrote: [ -> ]I'm giving Google Chrome a good thorough test-run and I love everything about it, especially its isolated tab processes, sleek interface and incredible speed. The only pet peeve I have with it is it piggy-backs off of IE's "Proxy" settings. It should and could easily have its own proxy settings built into the browser; why the need to refer to IE?

Proxomitron seems to run just fine with Chrome Smile! Some people are bugged by the fact that it doesn't have any add-on capabilities (yet); this is actually one pro IMO since this is what makes it really light-weight. I love the search feature when you're viewing source code (it highlights results in the scrollbar).

Won't load on to 98se - what the hell!!!!!!!!!
Where is the menu bar? In all the screenshots I have seen of that browser window, I have yet to see the menu bar? How can one use a browser without a menu?
that was done intentionally to "maximize" screen area used for viewing pane... (F11 on my browser activates a "full screen" mode which is a better way than not having a toolbar "at all"...)
Tried out Chrome yesterday. I still like TheWorld browser for my use. Smile!

It seems that the "toggle flash" filters do not work in chrome. Disabling the two filters does play flash media. Perhaps the filters need to be revised.
Just to clarify, the two disabled filters are Google Video: Support "Toggle Flash" and <object> Toggle Flash.
I also enabled Flash & Media Toggle: Show/Play by Default. I am using sidki's latest beta config.
Chrome is out of beta; an article on this:

http://www.internetnews.com/commentary/a...n+Beta.htm
Reference URL's